There are many a WordPress theme. How to choose one that will enhance the quality of your links and the propensity of people to buy is a task you need to undertake if you want to make money online.
WordPress themes are available free online if you do a search. The trick is that you have to leave the link to the developer intact. If you don’t want to lose any link juice, you can have a wordpress theme developed just for you.
Here are some things to look for in a WordPress theme – how to choose the best one, in other words.
• Probably the most important thing is that the browser is compatible across browsers. When you build a site, look at it in Internet Explorer as well as Firefox. Check it out on PCs and Macs if you can. You don’t want anyone’s experience on your website to be diminished because the theme is not compatible with their browser.
• The next feature you want to look for is the ability to add widgets to your word press theme. One of the great features of the word press software is the availability of add on scripts called widgets. These are extremely easy to upload. But, if your theme can’t handle widgets easily, it’s not worth it, even if it has a nice look.
• You want your word press theme to load quickly. If people have to wait seconds to see your site, they will click the back button before you have the chance to make your case. If you are using a free theme, try loading someone else’s site that uses the theme before you take the trouble to put it on your own site. If the CSS is compressed, this can speed page load time.
• Is the theme SEO optimized? It doesn’t matter how good your content is if the search engines can’t find it. Some things to check for as far as SEO compatible themes include an emphasis on content rather than graphics, have HTML validation, and should display post extracts on archive and category pages.
• Make sure your word press theme has a search capability. This is a basic item, but there are still some themes that don’t have the compatibility for search.
•Is the theme already overused? If too many marketers are already using the theme, your web site might have a “me too” feel.
• If you plan to have ads on your site – either banner ads or Adsense – make sure that the theme supports them in its design.
• Finally, can you grow with the design? As your site develops, will you be able to keep the same look and feel? You don’t want to surprise existing viewers with a new theme without a strategic marketing reason for it.
Choose wisely when selecting a word press theme. How to make money off your site may depend on the theme you pick.